School Vision and Mission
The vision for our school is to be a Christ centred community where the uniqueness of each individual is recognised and celebrated. We aim to ensure that all staff and pupils feel loved and valued. We aim to provide a high quality Catholic education, ensuring that every child is provided with the opportunity to reach their full potential. We are committed to setting high expectations for both staff and pupils in order for all to excel.
Our School Mission Statement “Christ be in our heads, in our hearts and in our hands”
This is our guiding principle; it is at the heart of all that we say and all that we do. Our main aim is to encourage the children to treat others as they would expect to be treated themselves and be strengthened by the love and care that exists within the Parish, school and community family.
Aims of the School
Our school aims to prepare children for living and learning responsibly in society and provide the highest standards of Catholic education by:
- Cultivating an atmosphere that promotes love and respect for God and for each other through relationships, prayer and worship.
- Providing an engaging curriculum in which the values and truths of the Gospel and the Catholic Church are central.
- Encouraging children to develop a life-long thirst for learning through developing a learning culture throughout the school.
- Developing an appreciation of awe and wonder in the world around us.
- Promoting the value of equality and diversity within our community and beyond taking steps to prevent and tackle all kinds of bullying.
- Working in partnership with home, parish and the wider community to educate the children spiritually, physically and intellectually for life’s journey.
Our aims underpin every aspect of day-to-day life. To help achieve these aims our school provides a happy, safe and welcoming atmosphere where each child is aware of God’s love for them.
Children are inspired to learn through first-hand experience in a stimulating environment. Staff development is a high priority at St Teresa’s, and the school boasts a professional team with considerable expertise.
Children aim to be
- Resilient and persevere when faced with challenges.
- Respectful and welcoming to others.
- Independent learners who are not afraid to take risks when learning.
- Helpful, kind and caring.
- Conscientious in lessons.
- A St. Teresa’s Role Model.