Welcome to class 5/6W!
Meet the team.
Class Teacher Teaching assistant
Miss Wright Mrs Maitland
Our Class Governor is Heather Holden.
Welcome to our class page. This will be used to share our experiences and learning through blogs and photos over the year.
We have been so busy during this half term! Our Creative topic has been 'Survivial' and the children have particularly enjoyed creating camouflage artwork. In English, we have been studying a book called 'The Explorer', where 4 children were stranded in the middle of the Amazon rainforest and had to find ways to help them survive - the children loved this story!
In RE, we were lucky enough to have Fr Phil visit years 5 and 6 to talk all about priesthood, as they are learning all about the Sacrament of Ordination. This was an opportunity for children to question Fr Phil!
NSPCC - visit from Eric and Mark
Half way through this half term, Eric and Mark came to school and gave key stage 1 and 2 a fabulous assembly all about the work of the NSPCC. Children in year 5 and 6 also had classroom workshops, these were very enjoyable and the children received lots of information about how they can keep themselves safe in the real and online world.
Class governor visit
Our class governor, Heather Holden, came to visit class 5/6W this half term and we learnt a lot about her role in school. The children enjoyed telling Mrs Holden a little about themselves and we are very much looking forward to having some lovely experiences together over the coming year.
Things to remember:
- English homework is given out on a Friday, and due back on a Monday.
- Maths homework is given out on a Tuesday, and due back on a Thursday.
- Spellings are given out weekly every Friday. Year 5 children will receive 12 words and year 6 will receieve 16 words. Children will be tested on a Friday on the previous weeks spelling words. Children are also advised to continue to learn their year group key words which they are tested on each term.
- Children will have access to one reading book and one library book and are expected to read for a short time each evening.
- Year 5 children are swimming every Thursday, up until the Christmas holidays. If your child cannot participate please write a note in your child's diary.
- PE takes place on a Monday and a Thursday, therefore full PE and games kits should be in school on these days.